Hidden Currents are led by singer/songwriter Christopher Sprake, who has been touring and releasing music in Australia and Canada since the 1990s, both in bands (Tofa, The Autumn Sails) and solo. He also operates a studio that records music for the diverse residents of Melbourne’s inner-city community housing estates.
Sprake enlisted Richard Jelbert’s Radiohead-esque guitar noodling; Nyk Lee’s atmospheric keys; Ruvith Abraham’s infectious, percussive grooves; and Matt Sinnott's solo-dancing bass.
The band released a 7" vinyl single and Youtube clip for “Dead Star“ in 2014, followed by “Made Ghosts“ in 2015, then "Only Star in the Sky" and "Updraft" in 2016. In 2017, a debut album took shape in the studio, which should see release soon... watch this space.
Christopher Sprake Vocals, Guitar
Richard Jelbert Lead Guitar
Ruvith Abraham Drums
Nyk Lee Keys or Guitar
Matt Sinnott Bass
- Album launch delayed 6 months.
- The debut album from Hidden Currents is now completed and mastered. Details of a launch event coming soon.
- In celebration of the release of single "Only Star In The Sky", Hidden Currents are curating a series of shows at the Brunswick Hotel on Sundays evenings in August.
- The new single from Hidden Currents "Only star in the sky" is now available to purchase and stream from Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, and Googleplay.
- The video clip for the new single "Updraft", filmed in Chinatown and the band's stuido, can now be seen on Youtube.
- The new single for Hidden Currents "Updraft" can now be purchased and streamed via Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, and Googleplay.
2016.02.08 - UPDRAFT - Live at The Workers Club, Fitzroy